Visualise the current condition of Swiss forests with the FORTE app. Near real-time to annual tree stress indicators are available at various spatial scales. Filter data by tree species or by area through an intuitive user interface to assess heat and drought induced stress and the consequences for forest health.
This tool was developed by Micah Wilhelm (WSL). For details, please check WSL media release.
Additional details for specific data layers are available at:
- TreeNet (growth and water stress)
- Sanasilva Inventory (defoliation)
- Drought-CH (soil dryness)
- Remote Sensing Group, Swiss Federal Research Institute WSL (canopy moisture)
- Bark Beetle Simulation Online (bark beetles)
Last modification 19.06.2023